NAVIGATION / LOGIN / LETTER VIEWING / Troubleshooting
If you are experiencing difficulties navigating this site or opening letters, try the following processes:
- Try another Browser
We encourage you to keep your browser updated with the most recent version in order to support the technology at our site. If you continue to use an older browser, we can’t guarantee our web site will work properly, and you may start experiencing difficulty using Library Online.To upgrade your browser
If your browser is not the latest version, we recommend you immediately upgrade to one of the latest supported browsers.
Older browser versions may not support our Advanced Editor. If you have an older operating system that will not support a new browser version, you may click on the "Basic Editor" found at the top of the letter templates. You will be able to edit the letter templates with this limited Editor.
- Reset Security Settings
**Some Anti-virus and Firewall software may OVERRIDE your browser’s security settings. Please verify the software security settings of a 3rd party anti-virus or firewall you are using, has also been set to allow session cookies.
- Turn OFF Popup Blockers
This site uses windows (i.e: popups) for navigation / editing tools and NOT for promotional ads. Disable or turn-off the popup blocking tool while visiting this site.
Note: Google bar has built-in popup blocking, click ‘blocked’ button to disable while using our site.
- Disable File Caching
This site uses dynamic code to create pages. We highly recommend you set your browser to check for newer versions of stored (cached) pages every visit to the page.
Internet Explorer Browsers:
• Open your browser window
• Select Tools >> Internet Options at the top of your window
• Click the ‘General’ tab
• In the Browsing History area (middle section) choose Settings
• Select Every visit to the page
• Click the OK twice to exit menus.
LETTER VIEWING - Letter Templates are blank
If you find that our letter templates are still blank after all the above adjustments have been made, it is likely that an Anti-virus or Firewall software may be overriding your browser’s security settings. Please click on the "Basic Editor" found at the top of the letter templates. You will still be able to edit the letter templates with this limited Editor.
1) Click on HELP in the Login box.
2) Type in your Login Email ID address (the one you used for your Library Online account) in the Reset Form at the top of the HELP page.
3) Instantly, you will receive an email to that email address with A LINK CONTAINED IN IT.
4) You MUST click on that link and then immediately your reset password will be emailed to you. DON"T FORGET THIS STEP!!!
DO NOT FORGET to click on the link contained in the first email. That must be done before you will actually receive the second email containing your reset password.
(If the format of your email program does not hyperlink the link, then copy and paste that link into your browser address bar).
Ensure that any email filters you may have activated on your email account, allows emails from the domain: libraryonline.com
You must maintain a valid email address on your account or you will not be able to reset your password.
In order to log into this web site, you must have your browser security settings to Allow per session cookies (these are not stored on your hard drive) This site authentication uses session variables to identify you as a valid user while browsing this web site. These are DEFAULT settings for most browsers
WARNING: Some Anti-virus and Firewall software may OVERRIDE your browser’s security settings. Please verify that the software security settings of a 3rd party anti-virus or firewall you are using, has also been set to allow session cookies.
To enable session level cookies, follow the following browser-specific process:
MicroSoft® Internet Explorer Browsers:
- Select Tools >> Internet Options
- Click the ‘Privacy’ Tab
- Choose either: Slide rule to ‘Medium’ settings (or click ‘Default’ button)
Click on the ‘Advanced’ Button then:
- Check ‘Override automatic cookie handling’
- Select ‘Accept’ under First-party cookies (required)
- Select ‘Block’ under Third-party cookies (preferred)
- Check the box ‘Always allow session cookies’ * don’t forget this step!
Press the ‘OK’ button twice to exit menus.Mozilla Firefox® Browsers:
- Select Tools >> Options
- Select ’Privacy’ tab
- Check box ’Accept cookies from sites’ (required)
- Uncheck box ‘Accept third-party cookies’ (preferred)
- Click the ‘OK’ to exit the menu.