Guide to Grammar in Writing
Elements of Proper Grammar
The terms we use in grammar help to explain the relationship and the function of all the words in a sentence. Click on the element of grammar in the list below for the basic rules that apply to each of them. Proper grammar is key to the success of your composition.
You will find these definitions and examples extraordinarily helpful anytime you are not sure how to approach the grammar or punctuation in sections of your composition.
1. Adjectives and Adverbs
2. Conjunctions and Prepositions
5. Homophones: To, Too and Two
* Punctuation - is a powerful tool and can change the entire meaning of what you are trying to express.
* Capitalization - know when and when not to capitalize.
|"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity."|
- John F. Kennedy, (1917 - 1963) 35th U.S. President
|Your Career Biography|
What goes into writing a Career Biography? Use this guideline to help you write your successful Career Biography. [view]